Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day #7

Forgot to set the alarm and woke up 45 minutes late. The kids missed the bus but I drove them to school and arrived just before the late bell, Davis quickly got ready for school and I was only five minutes later than normal to meet my team. Wasn't sick anymore but still felt worn out. My trainer switched up our strength training and it was more difficult for sure. I walked a mile afterwards and headed home. I tried to eat healthy but more frequently. It was Friday and Monte and I were going on a date. I had told him before that we could no longer eat out on our dates. I told him that I had changed my mind because my old ways of trying to win the contest weren't working. He suggested Pei Wei for dinner. I chose some curry (not the healthiest option) but it tasted so good. I made sure to eat the vegetables and the protein and I left most of the sauce and brown rice. I felt I did pretty well. We then went shopping at Nordstrom Rack. The man must really love me. I found some leggings that I wanted to go with a dress I bought recently. I never thought they would fit because they look so tiny. Yep, they fit. I like this buying smaller clothes feeling. I like it a lot! We then went to see Mission Impossible. Before we always got the large popcorn or other treats. We walked right by the concession stand. I told Monte if he wanted to he could get something. We had a coupon for a free drink but he just went with me. He's been so supportive. He wasn't thrilled with the competition at first, but he's been great while I have figured out what is working and what is not. He reminded me to eat and guess what?!? I was well all day long! I thought that all I needed was motivation and willpower and I'd win this contest. Both of which I have. I had no idea that I'd have to consider that my body wouldn't allow what my mind was trying to do. So when something doesn't work you modify and move on. Only a few more days and we'll have our first weigh in. I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to figure out what was making you feel so ill. I think your new approach is not only going to make you feel better, but is healthier, which is the whole point of losing weight to being with. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete