Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day #6

I woke up feeling better on Thursday. I went to the gym did sprints, then walked up a steep incline and ended with the stair stepper. Sweatiest day yet. Many people at the gym where I go wear heart rate monitors. I measure my work out success by my sweat line. Matter of fact, I often think of the movie Rocky where he's boxing the Russian. Even though I do have the "fancy" gym I don't have all the extras that a lot of the participants have and I'll have to make it work. Rocky won in the end right?!? Davis and I went to pick up my stepmom and go shopping. We went to Costco and I was starting to feel hungry but I didn't want to eat their unhealthy options. Finally I decided upon the salad. Of course I couldn't eat the dressing and who wants a dry salad? I picked out the tomatoes and ate some of the chicken thinking it would tied me over. We continued shopping and by the time I dropped her off the sick feeling was back. On the way home I kept feeling like I'm going to faint! We made it home and I ate immediately but I realized that there had to be truth in the fact that I wasn't eating enough. I looked up the symptoms of low blood sugar and hypoglycemia. Ding ding ding. Exactly what I have been feeling! Wake up with headaches if blood sugar is to low in the middle of the night, CHECK. Besides hunger nausea is a symptom, CHECK. Feeling faint and vision blurred is also a symptom. CHECK. I decided right there and then that this was going to stop even if it means I can't eat as low calorie as I planned. I had hoped for a 10 pound weight loss at the first weigh in. You know Biggest Loser numbers! Not going to happen. I'm still going to do my best but I'm done with feeling like garbage. I was so sick that night that I'm not sure how many calories I ate.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so great London. I loved the comment about Rocky winning in the end and the need to modify from original plans when necessary. So true. Love you!

    ReplyDelete