Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day #3


Monday's are going to be tough if I continue to commit to going to strength training and Zumba. After strength training my trainer took my measurements. She also did some other percentages and while doing so I saw my weight. It was down almost four pounds in two days. I won't officially weigh in until next Tuesday. I'm hoping for a big number because it will be a week and half by then. I fell a little short on the calories again today. I only ate 1,007 even though I made a higher calorie dinner. I found the recipe in one of my Biggest Loser Cookbooks. It was a Chinese dish called, Sizzling Ginger Pork, and it was hands down the best. It was very tasty and I felt so full afterwards. I wonder if it really was more calories than I thought. Anyways, here is the recipe:

Sizzling Ginger Pork

1 tsp. sesame, canola or olive oil
8 oz. lean pork tenderloin (or skinless chicken breast or lean flank steak, diced - I stuck with pork
1/2 c. fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. dark molasses
1 tbsp. Szechuan seasoning (or make your own by combining 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I omitted because of my intolerance), 1/2 tsp. red chile flakes, 1 tsp. ground mustard, and 1 tsp. coriander
1 cup cooked wild rice or brown rice
2 cups steamed broccoli
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro

In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook quickly until lightly browned but not fully cooked. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add half the broth to the skillet and then add the onion, shallots, and ginger. Simmer for a few minutes, until softened. Add the remaining broth and the soy sauce, molasses, and seasoning. Bring the mixture to a simmer and return the meat to the skillet. Simmer for a couple of minutes longer, until the meat is just cooked through. Serve over hot rice with broccoli. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.

Makes 2 (1 1/4 cup servings) - This can't include half the rice and broccoli
Per Serving: 360 calories, 34 g protein, 40 g carbohydrates (11 g sugars), 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 75 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 610 mg sodium

I even took a picture of this dish. If you know me you know I love to take pictures of my food. Now they will just contain a lot less butter, cream and fat. Hopefully, they'll be just as delicious looking. Because the hour is late and the dear hubby is already in bed I'll post the picture tomorrow when he can help me. Darn computers confuse me.

I have been struggling with energy - or the lack there of. People always say you are suppose to feel so much more energy when you are eating healthy and losing weight. For awhile now I've been having issues with it. I actually felt a little better at the end of day 3 then I have for awhile. I wish it would have held for day #4 but I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. Right now I'm just to tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment