Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day #18

Try it Tuesday's class was actually an evening event so I went to Zumba in the morning. Finished cleaning the house (I got some help because I was just so tired from all the stress and working out). The house was spotless by the time we were done and I decided that I do better when I plan for dinner. I made gluten free lasagna. I know lasagna doesn't sound like "diet" food, but I healthied it up. Our lasagna was chuck full of spinach and tomatoes. I used fat free cottage cheese and low fat mozzarella. Instead of ground beef I added turkey sausage. The family gobbled it up. Huge success. I only ate one small piece and found a comparable recipe stating it would equate to about 279 calories. After dinner I got ready to meet for Try It Tuesday. We met at the local Harmon's grocery store with the head nutritionist from the gym. Unlike the first nutrition class I felt this one was a lot more enjoyable. I wasn't completely overwhelmed. I'm not sure if it had to do with my blood sugars being more stable, the fact that I had heard some of the information before or that it was just a better class for me. I learned a lot and was okay with the fact that I probably would not implement all of it. I am going to switch over to organic produce. We were informed that celery is the worst not to buy organic. It has something like 17 pesticides on it. Ewww... gross! I signed up for another co-op this weekend to pick up my produce. We seem to be making a big dent in last weeks order so hopefully it will help us continue to make better food choices. When I started this I didn't realize how much I want it to be a change for my whole family not just me. I ended the day on a high feeling like the house drama was finally done. If house drama can ever be done, but at least this round was.

5 comments:

  1. Hey love! I thought about you today when I got back from the gym. I was thinking about how you have been saying you are really tired and lacking energy. One thing that helps me a lot is getting good nutrition (a protein & a carbohydrate) in my body AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after a workout. No later than 20 minutes. For example, today I had a protein shake with a banana in it. Easy peasy. It makes a HUGE difference in my energy levels.
    Also, I never knew that about celery and am now sold on switching over as well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, me again. I wanted to let you know that I have a fitness blog as well and thought I'd let you know so you could check it out if you feel like it. :) And here you are...

    lindsaysfitnessfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I'm so excited to read this - I'm sure it will inspire me. You inspire me. Love yah dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh! That means the beautiful sound of crisp celery will never sound the same to me again.

    ReplyDelete