Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day #4

Going into this I knew some days would be harder than others. Day 4 was definitely one of those days. I woke up exhausted. I headed over to the gym for my first "Try it Tuesday" class. We had a class on nutrition by the head nutritionist. I was so excited to have this class because I love to exercise but I really have a struggle with the nutrition aspect of losing weight. I love eating out, I am a very busy mom of young children, and I love cooking gourmet "comfort" foods. When I got there I was just completely overwhelmed by what he had to say. I felt like all my efforts were coming up way short. I was feeling yucky and I wasn't doing near what he talked about. I felt like I couldn't afford to do all what he was saying... not even close. He talked about buying organic, having testing done, purchasing supplements, etc. I left feeling defeated and sick. I went to Zumba and felt so sluggish. I was irritated that even though I arrived early to get my spot at the last minute this woman comes running in and steps right in front of me and crowded me so much that I had to move. I left knowing I had a really busy day and absolutely no energy. I went to the store and at one point I thought I could just drop in the aisle. I was tired, nauseous, and my head was pounding. I have been trying to incorporate everyone's ideas and something's not right. I'm glad I'm scheduled to see my doctor next week. A friend who has worked in nutrition said she could tell I was dehydrated. Other's suggested I wasn't eating enough. I thought I can fix both of those things. I felt a little more hopeful at the end of the day and relieved that my activity was done. Some days I think we just have to apply the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". At least that's what I'm going to tell myself. I bought fast food for the family and I made me a 5 oz. piece of salmon that I covered in salsa for dinner. No new recipes. I ate a total of 1,296 calories.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had such a rough day. Lately I can relate to that utterly and totally exhausted feeling. I too think you probably haven't been eating enough calories. Sounds like today you were a bit more on point in that aspect. Remember you do need fuel to keep going. Love ya! Hang in there, you will do great.

    ReplyDelete