Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day #11


It's Tuesday. Weigh in day. I was anticipating this day with excitement because I knew I had worked really hard and was expecting fantastic numbers on the scale. I arrived at the gym and decided to go to the "Try It Tuesday" class before weighing in. It was "Hot Vinyassa". This is a yoga class that is done in a very warm room (90-100 degrees is typical). I had taken yoga classes about 10 years ago when I was a gym rat and found them rewarding because I've always been pretty flexible. I couldn't stand the hot air blowing in on me and the fact that there were so many in the class sweating away was NOT for me. Afterwards I tracked down a trainer and asked them to weigh me. I was expecting about a six pound loss. I was disappointed when it came up with 4.6 pounds down. I now weigh 177.9. I felt I had busted my butt all week and that's all that I lost?!?! After I left I felt better about it because the whole time I've been dieting I haven't pulled that number once. I think watching all this Biggest Loser has set me up for expecting unrealistic results. I just really want to win. I think I'll have to average about 3.75 lbs. per week to make my goal. At least I'm on target. I had hoped to have a huge number right off the bat. This also happened to be Valentines Day (I was going to help in Trevor's class) and the day our kitchen was going to start being remodeled. We had had a kitchen fire in November and it's finally being repaired. Oh and to add to it the furnace started acting up. I was pulling all the stuff out of the drawers and cupboards and frantically putting them on the table, in Davis's room and in a laundry bin. My kitchen was throwing up it's contents everywhere when the doorbell rang. I thought I don't have time to even answer the door. The contractor was going to be there in ten minutes and I had to get to the school. I opened the door and my sweet husband had sent me two dozen roses, a box of chocolates (which are still in the box) and a teddy bear. I was grateful for his kindness in my very chaotic day! Since our kitchen was nonfunctional we ate Wendy's for dinner as we sat in the basement. So romantic. Here is a picture of my kitchen. I wish I would have taken a better pic of all the kitchen items laying everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment