Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day #5

Woke up feeling so ill. At one point I was laying on the floor crying. I thought maybe I can't wait for my doctor's appointment next week. In that time I forced down a banana, a piece of whole grain bread with a small amount of peanut butter and a cup of milk. After a half hour of feeling horrendous I started turning around. I took Davis to school and debated if I wanted to push myself and go to the gym. Since I was meeting with my T.E.A.M fitness I thought I better. She had us run for 35 minutes and I felt fantastic. I don't understand how I can go from feeling terrible to feeling fantastic. After we ran we did core strength and I left feeling on top of the world. The rest of the day was great. Monte helped me make dinner. We tried a new recipe from one of my Biggest Loser cookbooks. It was called Ed & Heba's Blue-Ribbon Chicken:

Ed and Heba's Blue-Ribbon Chicken

2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (because I think mustard is from the devil I omitted this)
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and butterflied
4 slices low-sodium ham
4 slices 2% low-fat provolone cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped (I used dried)
1/4 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth

Spread the mustard evenly inside the 4 chicken breasts. In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, quickly sear the ham for about 30 seconds on each side. Place a slice of ham on 1 side of each piece of chicken. Place 1 slice of cheese folded in half over the top of the ham. Fold over the butterflied chicken breast to create a pocket. Tuck in the cheese so it's well concealed. Season each breast with salt, pepper, and rosemary.

Lightly coat a skillet with cooking oil spray. Gently place each breast in the pan. Cook on medium to low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, then turn over the breasts and brown the other side. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan momentarily and drain any excess grease from the skillet. Return the skillet to the heat, add the broth, then place the chicken in the broth. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 220 calories, 37 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates (0 g sugars), 7 g fat (3 g saturated), 85 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 460 mg sodium

I consumed 1,305 calories. I felt I need to make my goal that I was falling short on every day. I was hoping that it would help me feel better. I also purchased a multivitamin. Here's to better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment