Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day #12

STESS! Day #12 was all about STRESS. The kitchen remodeling was driving us nuts. Between the mess, not being able to function and the last minute issues that seemed to keep popping up I was ready to pull out my hair. We also had a really busy day on top of this. Why is it when life is stressful you have all these commitments? My long awaited doctor's appointment had finally arrived. Before I left I was feeling really moody thinking there was no way I could get to the gym because I had the appointment and then I had contractors coming in and out all day long. Monte said he'd appreciate it if I'd just skip this one day. I was irritated and then I started thinking. okay, this is my challenge week I'm going to have to eat out and today I'm even going to have to be creative about how I get my workout in. I even prayed to be comforted about this. I was on my way to my appointment when the doctor's office called and said they had to reschedule. At first I was irritated then I realized my prayer had been answered. I know how the time to get my workout in. I immediately drove to the gym. My teammates were leaving but they gave me the workout and I followed it and left feeling happy and content that at least I was able to exercise. The furnace was fixed, but the counter top installation ended up taking so long the contractors who were suppose to come back and put the kitchen back together were not able to come back. That means another day of kitchen chaos! We ate Chick-fil-A for dinner. Chick-fil-A is by far my favorite "fast food" option. They have quite a few healthy options and the customer service is so awesome. They offer gluten free options also and it was family night so the kids ate for free. Even though the day was a mess I felt I held it together pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for answered prayers. And I think your weight loss was fantastic. Biggest Loser weight loss is NOT realistic, at all. I forget that too when I am watching the shows. Wouldn't it be great to be able to be on the ranch and focus only on weight loss, and be able to change your body so quickly? You and I would make a great competitive team on the ranch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes we would. Except this team mate just gave into a temptation. I better hit the gym hard tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete