Friday, April 20, 2012

2 weeks left

Okay, it's down to the final two weeks.  I've lost a total of 22.9 pounds so far.  That means over two pounds a week.  I know these are not biggest loser numbers but these are at home, do it by myself numbers.  I feel great about my progress.  I'd really like to finish strong.  For the contestants who have been weighing in weekly I show as number one.  Unfortunately, I am guessing many haven't weighed in so I have no idea what I'm up against.  I've had times of great anxiety thinking about this.  Last night I was feeling overly anxious and I realized it is not doing me any good to keep worrying.  1.  I can't do anything about it.  I have given this 110% so there is no more that I can do.  2.  Stress hinders weight loss so worrying is making it harder for me to lose weight.  3.  The worst thing that can happen is that I won't even place.  What does that mean?  I won't receive a prize.  Even though they are cool I started this journey way before there was a competition.  I did this to be healthy.  I'll continue to push forward and give it my all, but no more worrying about it.  I felt a lot better today.  I slept well last night and what do you know the scale dropped since yesterday.  I'm proud of my strength.  I didn't know I was this strong.  I've made friendships that will last long after this contest ends.  I've dropped a definite two sizes and am so close to a third.  My husband is enjoying the healthy meals that I have been making and tells me how sexy I am all the time.  It's impacted my children and their views of food and health.  Today after strength training I decided to walk instead of run a 5k on the treadmill.  It was really hard for me to hold myself back, but I think it's just as important to give your body time to recover.  Tomorrow I'm planning on just walking also.  Then I'll take Sunday off.  Sunday I'll also start my last attempt to drop some good pounds. One of the trainers was talking about cutting out all sugars and a friend suggested cutting out cheese and bread.  I'm going to do both.  I keep thinking it will be so difficult, but honestly I haven't had a real dessert in about six weeks.  The only desserts I've eaten during this 90 day challenge were one macaron cookie, one pudding cup with toffee on top and a few "diet" muffins.  I hardly eat white bread, white rice or white potatoes.  I haven't made a burger and fries run (okay I did eat a few of a friend's sweet potato fries) this entire time.  I continue to not drink soda and I've even given up the flavored waters.  I have come SO FAR.

1 comment:

  1. Go London,go! I'm superproudofall your hard work, and even prouder of your new found attitude toward the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete