Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weight loss and going on vacation

Okay, we decided to take a little trip to Midway and stay at the Zermatt. I love going on vacation and one of the best things about it is eating the yummy food! I decided I'd let myself eat one dessert during our trip. I have been so disciplined so I thought it would be a great treat. Isn't that what it's suppose to be... a treat? Not an every day indulgence? Anyways, by the time we got up there and got our room figured out I was starving. They had an all you can eat buffet restaurant that was $50 a person. I figured that was out of our budget so we went to the other restaurant. Unfortunately it was burger/pizza place. I ordered a personal pizza that was thin crust and had artichokes, mushrooms and tomatoes. Oh and it had goat cheese. It was scrumptious. I then ordered a brownie sundae for my dessert and when it arrived it had a huge mountain of ice-cream and very little brownie. I decided since I'm only eating one a month it better be the one I wanted. I then asked for what Monte and Braedon had ordered (a black and tan pudding cup with homemade toffee pieces - YUMMO). The brownie with the big glob of ice-cream just sat on the table and melted. We then played in the pool and I tried to burn some of the those calories. I fully intended to be disciplined the next day. I had a lovely massage first thing in the morning and after we checked out we were starving because we had missed breakfast. We drove around Midway (which is a rinky dink town) to find somewhere to eat. We ended up at Dickey's BBQ. It happened to be their grand opening. I did spin the radio station's wheel and won four comedy pack tickets. I tried to order good sides (green beans and baked beans) of course there was sugar and butter on them. We ate brisket and pulled pork which both were delicious. I also ate one of the soft white rolls. I've tried to eat very little white bread. It was so yummy but immediately I felt regret. I'm hoping this weekend doesn't set me back to far. I'm loving that I can buy junior's size L clothes. I love feeling so good about my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment